Cat & dolphin playing together -
Cat & owl playing together -
Proof that cats are better than dogs (can you tell that I like cats?) -
Smartest entrepreneur ever:
Some numerical goodies:
- Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is so much cooler when taken to the next level, the Erdos-Bacon Number.
- An absolutely amazing unit of measurement, using people's popularity, such as a "Jolie" or a "Kardashion".
- The statistician de jour - Nate Silver
- Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world.
Catherine Tate as Donna Noble is my all-time favourite companion on Doctor Who. She is even more hilarious on her sketch show. Here are two of the best with some handsome leading men, David Tennant & Daniel Craig:
I wanted these so badly when I was little, Calico Critters of Cloverleaf Corner. So naturally I'm tempted to buy them for myself now under the guise of buying them for my children.
Dubstep Christmas lights:
Gangam Style, Indian Style:
Two sites I visit regularly, one because it makes me laugh, the other because it is so over the top that I have a hard time comprehending it. You guess which is which:
Bryan Lewis Saunders is an artist that draws self-portraits everyday. One of his series is a collection of self-portraits drawn while he is under the influence of various legal and illegal drugs.
"After experiencing drastic changes in my environment, I looked for other experiences that might profoundly affect my perception of the self. So I devised another experiment where everyday I took a different drug and drew myself under the influence. Within weeks I became lethargic and suffered mild brain damage. I am still conducting this experiment but over greater lapses of time. I only take drugs that are given to me."
Some random links:
- Meet Jose Mujica, 'world's poorest president'
- Jessica Stilwell, Mom, Goes On Strike And Household Falls Apart
- Why I Read the Sad Things
- Ethiopian kids hack OLPCs in 5 months with zero instruction
- 'Zombie Apocalypse' Training Drill Organized By Halo Corp. For Military, Police
- I can't imagine that it's much different in Canada - Why Is the FDA Inspecting So Little Imported Seafood?
Social Media/Internet links: